Sunday, March 14, 2021

A birthday card with a pink cupcake, a fashionable decorative paper and bit of coordinating paper cording

Still working on all occasion cards for my friend.  For this one I started a pink cupcake which I found on line at a new site for me - Illustoon.  I like that this one has a candle on it.  I printed the image on white cardstock and trimmed it out.  I added texture by paper piercing all four edges using my pattern tracing wheel and then using my distress tool as well.  I added a bit of blue watercolour to the background to soften it, a bit of brown watercolour to create a shadow on the bottom edge and clear glitter around the flame with a gel pen.  I chose a pink A2 card and added this fun black and pink decorative paper leaving an even border all the way around.  I found some coordinating paper cording in aqua and pink which I added across my card securing the ends to the inside front of my card with double sided tape.  I tied the ends of the pink ones with a knot which included the aqua one.  I raveled the ends of the pink to create a bit more texture.  I added my image to my card front with 3D foam tape to finish off my card.    Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments