Friday, March 12, 2021

All occasion card featuring little birds on a branch, a torn strip of sheet music, ribbon and a watercoloured background


For this A2 card I started with a blue card.  I watercoloured a piece of floral decorative paper with blue to make it look like sky.  I trimmed out my background after it was dry.  It has been my experience with this paper in particular and others in general that an application of a liquid medium like watercolour will make it shrink some so I trim it after colouring.  I added a torn and sponged strip of music sheet near the middle and a length of black ribbon vertically to which I had tied a shorter length using a single knot.  This very nicely simulates the look of a bow without the bulk which is great for when you are mailing a card.  I added the trimmed bird image (colour printed  - Pixabay) over the ribbon and music sheet strip using 3D foam tape.    Love those little birds!!       Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments