Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Bright rainbow birthday card

This card is for my oldest grand daughter who is turning 14.  She is growing up and becoming a young woman.  I found this image of a girl with an umbrella (Judy Clement Wall) and thought it suited her well.  Before printing, I added a birthday greeting from Desert Diva leaving enough space in between to add ribbon or some other embellishment.  After trimming it out from the sheet I decided on the rainbow paper (Melstampz) so I coloured the image to coordinate.  I used gel pens and watercolour in combination to get all those little spaces coloured.  I added clear glitter to the raindrops, the puddles and the street light.  I added the blue ribbon, ran my pattern tracing wheel on the edges above the ribbon and then 3 little blue rhinestones below the ribbon.  There was enough room on the bottom to use a border punch to add some texture ( Martha Stewart).  I created a large black card, added the colour printed rainbow paper and then the large focal element using 3D foam tape.  Really happy with how it turned out.  Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments