Monday, June 07, 2021

Birthday card featuring a kid on a bike with a diamond plate background and a font greeting

This is one of the cards I made for my friends's grandchildren.  The image was printed and trimmed from the letter sized sheet.  I tore the edges of the image and the top and bottom of the font greeting.  I added several blue watercolours to make a background for the silhouette image.  I used a dark blue ink pad to highlight the torn edges.  I ran my pattern tracing wheel on all four sides to add some texture and movement.  I added watercolour to the greeting and added paper piercing to both long edges as well.  I used a background created a while back using watercolour.  I embossed it with a Diamond Plate embossing folder (CB) and the highlighted the texture with the same dark blue ink pad I used on the edges of the image.  Love the look!  I adhered the greeting to the background using two diamond brads and the adhered this elemen to blue card.  I mounted my focal element to my card using 3D foam tape.  Really happy with how it worked out!!       Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments