Friday, February 18, 2022

Bright watercolour and some Christmas tree doodling

I have been wanting to join my sister's Watercolour Christmas cards challenge and had a bit of time this week to see what I could do.  I found these strips of watercolour paper from a previous project and thought I would start with those and see what I could get done.  I used acrylic inks to water colour the five strips.  I added plastic wrap and bubble wrap over the wet surfaces to create a bit of texture.  I decided to make Christmas cards with the green and blue strip so I cut it up into 3.5" pieces and then researched doodled Christmas trees to see what I could create on these little canvases!!  I found quite a few tutorials and also some stock images of doodled trees which were quite cute.  I decided to use a variety of what I found as inspiration and did up the following with a black fine tip marker.  I am most happy with the tree filled with swirls, the one made of circles and the one with lines and dots on the ends.  My bent over tree is the one I like the least because it does not quite look like I wanted - a little too thick at the top. I will be trying that one again because I really like the concept.  I did get a chance to turn these into cards yesterday afternoon.  You can check my next post to see what they turned out like!!!         Therese



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments