Sunday, January 15, 2023

All occasion card featuring a hand decorated background, lace and layered heart die cuts


 This card started with a white card and envelope set.  I trimmed a blue layer and added a hand decorated background which I trimmed to size.  The background was created when ironed a waxy paper napkin to white cardstock.  The napkin was used to absorb excess wax from some fabric which I had "painted" with wax crayons.  I always use cardstock or paper to protect my iron and it creates a bonus background!!  I added a wide piece of lace securing the ends to the back with double sided tape.  I mounted this layer to my card front and then added my layered hearts.  I used white glue in a fine tipped bottle to glue the white heart (CB) to the hand decorated larger heart. This heart was die cut from paper which I decorated with a large brush and inks.  Quick and easy!!  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments