Sunday, January 15, 2023

QAYG - No Binding Pot Holders

I worked on Quilt As You Go potholders today as well as finishing the slow stitching on the last of my little boats.  

I started by cutting three layers of flannel to 7" square and stitching them together.  I dug out some scraps and sorted them to make up some tops for the potholders.  Once I had them sorted I started stitching them to the flannel sandwiches.  For these two I stitched the stacks then positioned this piece facing up on my flannel, placed the gold strip over it facing down, stitched it through all the layers and then flipped it over.  After piecing the other side I did the same thing - laid it face down, stitched it and flipped it.  Once everything was ironed flat I turned the piece over and trimmed the front to the edge of the flannel.  I have six sets ready to go.  I managed to finish only this one set today but I have the  backers and the loops cutout for the others so will be able to work on that later this week.  There will be several opportunities to donate these to events this year so I will keep working on making a supply of them over the course of the year.  If you are interested in a tutorial of how I made these you can check out this "No Bindng Pot Holder" video tutorial at The Sewing Room Channel.   

I am joining Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Check out the links and you will find some inspiration!!!  

Therese


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments