Thursday, January 26, 2023

January Card Club - Card #2 - two papers, four rectangles and creative focal element


 For our second card I chose two coordinating papers (3 7/8" x 5 1/8"), stacked them and then cut them.  This gave me backgrounds for two cards!!  The rectangles were adhered to coordinating card fronts.  The ladies were very creative with their cards and arranged their paper very differently and did not necessarily use all of them.  I had provided each kit with two focal elements - one that featured a heart ( Valentine's Day) and one that was more all occasion.  You can see that I made up one with a little hedge hog with a bunch of flowers.  I watercoloured the image and layered it onto a green cardstock square which was distressed on the edges.  I mounted this image onto my card front using 3D foam tape.  The green and red one has a layered focal element - paper pierced scallop (SU), circle punchie (SU) and a die cut heart (CB).  The third one has another watercoloured coffee cup layered onto a scallop circle (Nestibilities).  I could have put the slim one on the left instead and would have had a bit of a different look and I could have used a landscape orientation to change it up a bit more.  Lots of options!!!  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments