Thursday, January 26, 2023

January Card Club - Card #1 - printed transparencies, hand decorated papers and brads

It was time again to make cards with my friends.  We made Christmas cards in November.  You can check them out here, here and here.   I really enjoy the creative process of inventing cards  - figuring out sketches, picking supplies with a variety of themes and colours and then putting together the kits.  For our first kit I chose to print up some images on transparency which I have done in the past but not for a really long time. The images - Eiffel Tower - Brenda Braun, basket - Arthur's Clipart,  car - Clker, bird - Clipart.   I auditioned these images on a variety of preprinted decorative papers with not much success so I dug out my box of hand decorated papers and that worked much better.  These papers were created for special projects or whenever I had extra paint leftover.  I just painted it on white paper or over something that still needed " a bit of something".  Lots of fun!!!!  So for the first card with the Eiffel tower I layered a piece of paste paper over a watercolour background and then laid my transparency over it and added the four brads to keep it in place.  I added this large focal element to a coordinating blue card.  The same process was used for all the other cards.  I love the look of the dark blue behind the flower basket which was a distressed look using the crackle technique.  The one under the car worked out so well because the dark section works perfectly as the shadow of the card.  The greens and blues in the paper behind the bird makes it look right at home.  For the bird and the flowers I added colour on the back of the image with markers to highlight parts of the image.  Really helps the images look real and in context!!!  Therese


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments