Monday, April 03, 2023

Birthday candles card kits - fun cards featuring large candles


 I made these card kits for my sister's daycare!! They are always looking for meaningful activities for the kids and I decided that maybe birthday cards kits would be good for when the kids have family members having birthdays and they want to bring them a bit of a surprise!!!  I used scraps from the bin of items she brought me along with some cardstock to make up the two tone cards.  I cut an 8.5" x 11" to 6.25" and then in two with decorative scissors which made one side of the card with a flap.  The other side was just the right size to fit under the flap and create the other side of the card.  So they can use the full colour side or the duplex side like I have done!!  I used scraps of paper (3/4" x 3") in a wide variety of colours to create the "candles" and included 6 in each kit.  I punched six "flames"  - folk heart punchies turned upside down - from scraps of yellow cardstock for each kit.  Once they were glued down I drew a wick in between with a pencil.  Too easy!!!! I made 23 kits and provided this sample.  I also included a few extra "candles and flames" and some instructions .   Hopefully the staff and kids will find these kits useful!!  Remembering special occasions knits families together!!!  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments