Saturday, April 15, 2023

Card for a friend who has just moved into her new home!!

A friend of ours has just bought a house and is moving in this weekend!!  It looks great!!  I took a tour on Thursday!!  Almost all redone and new.  Her son will be doing the kitchen and the two bathroom vanities to bring everything up to the same level.  The basement is mostly unfinished but has lots of room for storage and any further development if and when she decides.  We are so happy to have her close and that she has a good home for her and her pets!!  

I decided to draw an image of a bird with flowers - similar to something I saw online.  After drawing it in pencil, I traced it with a black permanent marker and scanned it.  I needed a bit of touching up to removed pencil lines that showed up.  I saved it and then printed it.  After printing and trimming it out of the large sheet I watercoloured it.  I added some paper piercing with the pattern tracing wheel and also some embossing around the edges.  I used a large light green card, added a hand decorated background and a blue strip of cardstock.  I added my coloured image and then the little green ribbon at the top.   I colourwashed a little birdie greeting, added some clear glitter and mounted it with 3D foam tape.  Love it!!!

Therese

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments