Saturday, June 03, 2023

Large all occasion card featuring a paper pieced background with faux stitching and a cute ho air balloon

I used orange scraps to create the background for this card!!  I cut them into strips and then glued them within an X which I created with the first few pieces I glued down.  It was then quite easy to finish by just adding strips butting the ends to the X and the side to the one next to it.  I stamped "faux" stitching zig zag lines over the joints which gives a more interesting effect.  I added a length of wide orange organza ribbon before adding it to a large orange card.  I chose this fun hot air balloon (Digital Graphics Cafe) which I watercoloured to coordinate with my background!! I layered the image with green and blue cardstock and then added it to my card using 3D foam tape overlapping the ribbon and putting it at a bit of an angle to help it look like it was floating in the sky!!  Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments