Sunday, June 04, 2023

Large all occasion card featuring a pieced background and leaf element with hand stitching

For this card I used the same paper piecing technique I used on my previous one.  I used red scraps which I cut into strips this time.  I added a stitched collage strip layered onto an orange one over the background and added three eyelets at the top to help keep it in place and add some interest.  I mounted this large element to my red card front.  For my focal element I used a leaf image (CLKER) which I watercoloured.  After it was dry I ran my pattern tracing wheel on all four edges.  I layered it onto a dark maroon piece of cardstock leaving more space on the right hand side.  I used a border punch to trim the edge and then added one embossed line which I created using my score tool.  I embellished the border by hand stitching with yellow heavyweight thread in and out of the holes in the border.  It was fun to take a bit of a break and sit with small project.  I mounted this focal element to my card using 3D foam tape.  Therese
NOTE: I just realized that I forgot to stamp stitching on this one!!! OOPS!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments