Thursday, June 15, 2023

Large all occasion card featuring a paper pieced background and daisies in a jar embellished with hand stitching

For my last card in this session I used scraps of decorative paper which I have cut off of stationary which simulated handmade paper with blue inclusions from bachelor buttons.  I glued the strips to a bond paper substrate and then added gray washi tape to the top and bottom pieces to help give some horizontal lines to the whole piece.  I adhered this background to a large yellow card front.  I watercoloured my laser printed image of daisies in a jar (Clipartimages.com) to coordinate with my background and ran my pattern tracing tool on all four edges.  I layered it to a blue rectangle of cardstock leaving a larger margin on the right.  I used an eyelet lace border punch (SU) on the right edge and added one embossed line next to it.  I paper pierced holes opposite of the three created by the punch and then used light yellow heavy weight thread to stitch little chicken feet.  It is fun to add stitching to my cards.  I mounted my focal element to my card using 3D foam tape to give it a bit of dimension.  Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments