Thursday, June 15, 2023

Large all occasion card featuring a butterfly assembled from stamped petal shapes with a stamped border and watercoloured flower embellishment

This is my second card for this series of cards created using stamped petals on scraps from my red scrap bin.  I stamped them in black and fussy cut them.  For this butterfly I diecut a black body using a Sizzix dragonfly die.  I trimmed out just the body and added four petals in two different patterns.  Worked out quite well.  I initially just used double sided tape but when I started working with it I added some white glue where they all join which I held until the glue was dry.  Much better!!!  I embellished the butterfly with clear glitter on the wings and the body.  I trimmed a swirly green and white background and added a couple of stamped flower borders with fussy cut edges.  Then I added a red strip between them.  I added the butterfly with double sided tape and created the flight path using dots made with a black fine tip Sharpie marker.  It still needed a "bit of something" so I dug into my flower stash and found this little stamped flower which I watercoloured to coordinate and then glued in place on the red strip.  That was much better!!!  Glued the background to my card to finish it up!!

Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments