Saturday, October 28, 2023

Christmas card kits - black and white tags with colourful seam binding

For this set of card kits I used tags I found in my stash.  They are printed from a printable PDF that I downloaded from Handmade Gifts made Easy.  I printed them in black and white probably in error a while back and when I dug them out I thought they would work well with a neutral colour scheme and bright seam binding.  I cut black cardstock and gray backgrounds for all of them.  The tags were trimmed from the letter sized sheet of paper with my paper trimmer.  I punched the hole at the top with a hole punch.  I chose six different colours of seam binding and cut two pieces - one long one and then a shorter one.  I tied the shorter one to the longer one with a single knot and then inserted the bottom end of the long piece into the hole sliding the tied piece to allow enough on each end of the longer one to be folded over the top and bottom of the decorative paper.  I added two strips of 3D foam tape to the back of the tag on each side of the ribbon and two pieces of double sided tape on the top and bottom of the back of the decorative paper.  I adhered the tag to my decorative paper and then folded the ribbon ends over the top and bottom securing them to the tape.  I trimmed off the ends if they were too long.  I added glue to the center area and adhered it to my black card.  I trimmed the ends of the shorter piece to be reasonably even.  These all have different greetings on them so they will all be different though they all have the same card and decorative paper.  Again, I added extra little pieces of release paper between the tape and backer to facilitate their removal.  Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments