Saturday, October 28, 2023

Christmas card kits - a cute little gingerbread man and a snowflake

I got an order for some Christmas card kits from a good friend of mine.  She has limited vision so I made an effort to make the card kits user friendly for her.  I assembled the focal elements and added little piece of release paper between the pieces of double sided tape & 3D foam tape so they could be easily be identified and removed.  She really loves making cards so I know she will be enjoying the process of making these up in preparation for the holidays.  

For this card I started with the little gingerbread man (SZ).  I die cut it from brown cardstock and then recut the little hearts from scraps of red cardstock and replaced them in his belly securing them in place on the back with regular tape.  I added small white rick rack to his arms and legs securing the ends on the back using double sided tape.  I added a small scrap of black behind his eyes and secured that with regular tape.  He still needed a bit of something so I tied white cording around his neck - that was better!!!  I found the red strips in my scraps and cut them to fit either landscape or portrait with a bit of trimming.  I added a snowflake punchie to it using a brown brad.  It allows the strip to be used horizontally or vertically with the snowflake on either end.  I added double sided tape to the back of the snowflake strip and to the back of the decorative paper as well as a strip of 3D foam tape to the back of the gingerbread.  I used all different backgrounds and cardstock colours.  I made one up for a sample and she had five kits to put together.    Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments