Sunday, March 24, 2024

All occasion cards featuring embossed backgrounds, glittered elements and tied banners

I have been working on card kits for my class on Tuesday and these cards were made up as I was working out how to make a card design work for my class.  I started with the little glittered flower and wanted to add a banner to this card.  This card was created with this element from a rejected design.  I positioned the flower on the embossed layer and then added the stem, leaves and ground with a black fine tipped Sharpie marker. I added one of the banners I had already created by folding short strips of decorative paper over a length of bakers twine.  I secured the strips using double sided tape on the back and folding them over the twine.  I secured the end of the twine to the back of my layer using double sided tape as well.  I tied separate lengths to the banner - one on each end.  That worked well.  I had cut off the edges to get rid of the holes I had made so  I added a punched border with a clear glitter line next to it which I glued to the back of the panel.  I added this large element to a pink card front. 

These next few cards are the next iteration of my design where I used an embossed layer of white cardstock (4" x 5.25"), added a coordinating banner over the focal element.  With these I drew the details before embossing which made it easier to get nice smooth lines on the smooth surface.  I embossed the panel and then added the focal element and the banner in the same way as above - adding little bows on the sides and securing the banner ends to the back of the panel with double sided tape.  The trouble with this design was that I was having difficulty in consistently getting the banners properly secured to the twine. If it was difficult for me, it was going to be harder for the class participants so I opted for a different design.  These were fun cards and I love how light and bright they are - very spring like!!  Therese




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments