Monday, July 15, 2024

Quilting - disappearing 9 patch with mostly solid colours

I have accepted a donation of fabric for Gramma Link Africa this week.  It consisted of boxes of poly scraps from garment construction on a large scale - some cut 12 at a time.  There is red, jade - several shades, turquoise and navy.  To see if these scraps are worthy of being saved or passed on I decided to see how they would work for quilting.  I cut 6" squares - 48 red, 18 navy and 15 of jade and turquoise.  I needed a bright center square so I dug through several boxes of fabric and chose this one - leaves in similar colours to my fabrics. I cut 12 of those.  I stitched them into large nine patch squares then cut them in half both ways to make the squares for a disappearing nine patch.  I reassembled them to create red pinwheels and stitched them back together.  It is about 47" x 62".  I will have to have a conversation with the other sewers to see if this top to the standard we need for our merchandise table.  My first disappearing nine patch and I am happy with how it worked out.  It was good to be in the basement with such high temperatures outside.  Therese


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments