Saturday, July 13, 2024

Slow Stitching - a slow stitching project for my daughter in law - a floral fabric collage


 When my daughter in law was here a few weeks ago she asked if I could put together a hand stitching project for her.  She had been looking at a Needle Pulling Thread magazine and liked one of the examples of a fiber artist that had translated some of her photos into fabric collages.  I made two for her and she can choose to make the first using the sample from the magazine which I printed for her and the second one she can make her own and maybe replicate a flower that is growing in her yard.  I added two purples for the flowers and several greens for leaves and greenery.  I added a full black layer for the collage which will give lots of contrast.  I add batting bigger than needed and a green backer which will be big enough to wrap to the front and finish off the piece.  They should finish about 6" x 9" or so.  I sent along some embroidery threads as well.  She has made other stitching projects so will have needles on hand.  I look forward to seeing her creative work!!  Slow stitching is good for the soul!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments