Thursday, March 01, 2007


My Valentine's card for my husband. We celebrated late because he was out of town and we really wanted to enjoy our day. He had a few days off at the beginning of this week so we took a day for ourselves and celebrated!! He is gaining an interest in cooking so we planned a feast - Coquilles St. Jacques, lemon spaghetti, asparagus and ceasar salad with some Lindt chocolate with Early Grey tea after our meal!!! It was great!
I really like this card!! The heart is from a scrapbook paper sheet I bought a long time ago at the $1 store. I did some stippling on it with ochre to get it to be a more warm red. I added some gold embossing to three of the edges to balance the gold foil that was already on the right hand side. Gold embossed "Friend" and used my embossing marker to emboss "my". I sewed on the heart charm and then tied the key charm to it. I layered this onto a dark burgundy layer and then onto a warm red cardstock which I stamped the SU swirl heart background with a wine pigment ink and clear embossed. Just perfect for letting him know that he has the key to my heart!!
Therese

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautifully stunning card!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments