Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Art - Cardmaking with fabric

Another #8 card!! The fabric - large napkin - I bought quite a while back because I loved the colours! Worked perfectly for this card!! It is a heavy twill. Ironed easily and the pieces really keep their shape. I glued the fabric to the card front and layered on the colour printed greeting. I glued the greeting down but added a brad to the corner to
be sure the greeting would stay in place. The circular colour printed accent is layered onto green and attached to the card with a "screw" brad!! The right hand side of the back inside of the card (duplex cardstock) is stamped with texture. Perfect for an invitation to a backyard BBQ or your next Fiesta night!! Change up the fabric and the cardstock to suit any occasion!!
The texture is a wheel from Stampin UP. I have removed the rubber from the wheel and use it with my acrylic mounts. Consider checking out the wheels - some have very nice images that can be cut apart once removed from the wheel and used as unmounted stamps. EZmount works like a dream for mounting UMs to your acrylic blocks!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Happy Easter to those who celebrate!!

Therese
Mixed Media Market

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments