Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Art - Cardmaking with screening

For texture and interest I added screening to this card! Yes, regular fiberglass screening!! We always have pieces leftover when we make up our moulds and deckles for papermaking. The laser printed greeting is layered over the screening and attached to the card with the brads. The accent is layered punched shapes - scallop (SU), 1 3/8" (SU), 1 1/4" (SU), 1 1/8" (?) with a little white silk flower ($1 Store) and a silver brad. I added the black dots to the scallop and it was just what it needed to add a little pop to the card. The white embossed layer (CB -Floral Motif) is attached to the inside back of the card. Another #8 card! I challenged myself to make cards that would fit in these #8 envelopes and was surprised to find that it was not as difficult as I thought it would be. There are a few more to come!!
This card could be made up in any colour!! Consider using drywall tape instead of the screening. The fiberglass drywall tape can be coloured very easily with stamp pads or acylic paint to coordinate with your cardstock.
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments