Needed a male birthday card so decided to make more than one while I was at it!! In the end they were not all male cards but I used the same decorative paper and duplex cardstock for all the cards. It was really fun to play and just make cards.
Top left: I used one of my Heated Pearl dragonflies on this card. Used the pieces I had ripped off the edges of two of the other cards to add texture above and below the decorative paper. Overlaid a small black ribbon over the wide taupe grosgrain - new to me technique. The small greeting is embossed with black embossing powder!
Bottom left: Another dragonfly!! This one had a lot of gold and copper in it so I used copper brads in the middle of the flower and three below the focal element. Black embossed the greeting and flowery flourish (clear stamp). Also did some piercing on this card. Read somewhere about this thrifty tip!! You can use plastic canvas to make evenly spaced holes in your cards. I bought a piece of that a while back and cut it into strips to be used for cardmaking and matched them up with strips of old mousepads which are thick and foamy. All you need then is a sharp push pin and you are set to go!
Top middle: A dragonfly, some piercing, a few flowers and flourishes!! I added clear dimensional paint to the flower centers to highlight them. They got a little squished in the process of pressing the card but still look good. I had really wanted to add small rhinestones but did not have any the right size or colour!! How can that be possible with a drawer full of bling??
Bottom middle: The pine tree from Lovely as a tree set (SU) stamped in brown. More piercing!!
Right left: Pine tree again. I used a little foam circle (from the middle of a fun foam snowflake) to stamp a little dot in each corner of the image and then highlighted them with clear dimensional paint. They were dry and looking good and are now less shiny and bumpy than they were because I pressed the cards. Still happy with the way they look!! Added a strip of cardstock and a circle greeting.
Right right: Stamped the tag on kraft and black embossed it. This is a new to me stamp that I finally used!! We all have a few of those around. Embossed the decorative paper using the numbers embossing folder (CB). Because the paper was taller than would fit in the embossing folder I did not fold it. I just laid the paper on the debossed side of the folder and then put a silicone texture mat over it and ran it through my Cuttlebug and it embossed the paper!! It is great to find a new way to use the tools you have. Added some black ink to highlight the numbers. Stamped a journalling block on the right hand side of the card several times to add texture. Added the greeting! I added a black embossed star to the tag and tied it to the card using thin black ribbon.
It was a fun afternoon of making cards and I have six cards ready to go!! It does make sense to make several cards at a time while you have all your supplies out and are in a creative mood!!