Monday, September 28, 2009

My art - cards for gift

More cards!! Made a set of twelve of these as a wedding gift for my cousin who is getting married soon. I have not used this stamp set much - Happy Harmony (SU) and wanted to make it work for a set of cards. The wonderful wedding invitation was ivory and chocolate - really awesome looking so I decide to stay within that family of colours for the cards. The central image is the flowers from this set stamped three times without reinking using a dark chocolate ink. I layered them onto chocolate brown. The base is taupe cardstock which I stamped with my stipple stamp (SU) and then passed through my Cuttlebug with the Textile embossing folder (CB). I added the focal element with 3D foam tape and stamped the words below and to the left of the embossing - great quotes!! I used three of the quotes in the set because I thought they made really great all occasion cards!!

I hope they have a wonderful wedding day and remember to always stay in touch and respect each other and themselves!!

I did make a couple extra which are on their way to their destinations as my CCE exchange cards for September!!
I am really enjoying this cardmaking streak I have been having!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments