Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Art - September cardmaking - leaves

My sister is visiting!! We spent a day last week sight seeing and visited a scrapbook store!! I bought several new embossing folders including this one by Quickutz of leaves!! So fun!! I had not seen QK embossing folders before. It was nice to see some new patterns.

I used it here in a new way!! I added colour using dye ink (SU Basic Brown) a brayer! Open your embossing folder and apply the ink (dye or pigment - NOT PERMANENT- on the side of the folder that has the debossed image - the holes. Using the brayer reduces the chance of ink accumulating in the holes and gives you good covereage. Once the ink has been applied just insert your paper/cardstock and emboss as usual. Gives your embossed papers an entirely different look. Really like the way it turned out!! I added an image that was gold embossed and watercoloured layered on red cardstock as the focal element!!
Fall is arriving here daily! Leaves are turning colour, the sky is blue!! and the nights are cooler.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments