Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Art - September cardmaking - pressed flowers

We had a large group at cardmaking on Wednesday!! It was great to see a few new faces and a few we had not seen in a while. Because of the number of kits that I needed to have on hand I ended up creating a few Christmas ones!! You will see a similarity between these cards and the one I posted earlier for my exchange card. Same sketch!!
The yellow cards feature pressed yellow and white daisies. I captured them between a piece of cardstock and some tulle which I wrapped to the back and held in place with double sided tape! I partially embossed the card front (CB) and added a greeting on a strip of cardstock which has been distressed or on a ribbon slider (Sizzlets). The focal element on the Christmas card features a piece of "fabric" embossed with silver snowflakes layered on mirror silver cardstock. I added a silver brad to one snowflake to make it stand out from the others.

I regularly press flowers from my garden or the by ways I frequent when I walk for use in my cardmaking. I just pressed some Queen Anne's Lace flowers for creating some unique Christmas cards for my upcoming classes. You can check here and here for ones I have created in the past. I love using natural materials!!

I highly recommend that you create with anything you love!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments