Friday, February 19, 2010

Cardmaking - Feb - shrink plastic card


These cards feature a handmade shrink plastic leaf!! Love playing with shrink plastic!! These were stamped with permanent ink on the rough side of the Rough and Ready shrink plastic - available at Michaels - and coloured in with colour pencils and chalks. We trimmed them to the edge of the stamped design and heated them with a heat gun. They go a little crazy and then flatten out nicely. To be sure they are flat I just tap them with a wood block just after heating. Give it a try - fun way to make perfect card accents!!
The trees and quote were stamped in bleach and I then thermally embossed one in metallic embossing powder!!
I make a stamp pad for my bleach - a foam tray, a layer of paper towel and a teaspoon or so of bleach. Works well for applying the bleach evenly to the stamp. Layered onto metallic paper and then onto the card front. Added the little leaf with a glue dot!! Done!!
If you have some shrink plastic in your stash, get it out and make a few cute accents for cards!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice cards. Love shrink plastic, although I don't use it often enough. I prefer doing it in my toaster oven though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shrink plastic! And I love how you used your little leaf! Must dig out mine and play!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments