Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cardmaking - Feb - paper napkins

This card was the result of challenging myself to use some supplies that were donated to me by a fellow card maker - paper napkins!! I stripped the napkins down to one layer and then started playing with how they could be applied to a card. In the end, I cut a piece of white cardstock to 4" x 5.25", applied glue generously to the front and placed a piece of paper napkin over it. I started smoothing it down from the center and if little wrinkles developed I just let them be - it adds texture. With that done, I had the choice to fold all the edges to the back and glue them down OR trim them off. Either would have worked but I decided to turn the edges over to the back and glue them down. The paper napkin gives almost a fabric feel to this layer which made it very tactile. To prevent overwhelming the whole I added a simple colour printed greeting attached with brads and looking at it now it might even have been better to add a greeting printed on transparency so as to avoid hiding any of the beauty of the paper napkin design. I layered these onto coordinating cardstock. A quick and easy design!!
So at the next party you attend, consider collecting two paper napkins - one for your food and fingers and one for your crafting pleasure!! If you are buying napkins for your next event considering adding a few to your stash and share the leftovers with your crafting buddies!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments