Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Christmas around the world!

Sylvia's challenge for July was Christmas Around the World!! It got me thinking how many different traditions are associated with this celebration. For many, going to Midnight Mass as a family is a highlight in their Christmas season. With that in mind, I colour printed some snowy village images that featured people on their way to church.
I cut the images with my oval Nestibilities (N), glued it to coordinating cardstock and trimmed it with scallop decorative scissors. The card front has a full layer of embossed (CB) cardstock and an embossed die cut (SX) in which I punched a slot (SU) on the left hand side and a 1/4" hole on the right hand side. I tied in some vintage seam binding using a double knot. I mounted the oval scene over the ribbon using 3D foam tape and glued the whole piece to the card front.
I am really happy with these cards. The cardstock and image give just the right feel and I love the vintage seam binding!!!
I will have to do a final count of my Christmas card stash once I have these all done!! If you have not yet started I urge to start now! You will be very happy to have your cards all finished when November comes around!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments