Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Christmas card - reason for the season!

I designed this card around the beautiful star stamp which was perfect for Sylvia's May challenge - The reason for the season!!
I gold embossed the star onto a layer of kraft cardstock (M) on which I had previously laser printed a small Bethlehem graphic. The graphic was designed for a different card a few weeks ago which never saw the light of day! I painted bleach onto the center star section of the embossed image and to my delight it bleached out to this wonderful yellow colour which was perfect for the image and the look I was going for!! I used a stipple stamp and bleach to add some glow below the star. Once all was dry, I mounted the image onto red cardstock. I layered the card front with this beautiful gold flourish paper and added the star layer with 3D foam tape!! Done!!
I did modify both of my cardstocks to be a better fit for the flourish paper.
THRIFTY TIP: I sponged/stippled just the edges of the card front and the red layer with ink to get its colour to coordinate closer with the decorative paper. I used OCHRE ink on the red layer to bring it closer to the scarlet that I needed and PINE ink on my garden green card front to darken it enough to coordinate.
I would not want to do this for a large batch of cards but for the few I made it was worth the effort to have cardstock that coordinated better with my decorative paper!

I have one challenge to go!! Maybe my tomorrow!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments