Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Snowflakes & a snowman for a card challenge!

My sister is visiting and we are crafting up a storm!!
I have been making Christmas cards for my stash using the challenges she has posted to her blog. These ones are for the April Challenge - Winter.
I started with this wonderful paper that my daughter used on my gift last year!! It is gorgeous!! This card features a snowman cut out which I embossed with the Swiss Dot embossing folder (CB) and backed with the paper. I embellished the corners with a flourish corner punch and added a gold snowflake with a gold brad. I like the card but somehow it did not highlight the beauty of the paper as much as I liked so I moved on and designed another card!


For this card, I layered my decorative paper onto cardstock which eliminated the fold marks, trimmed it to 4" x 5.25" and glued it to the front of my A2 sized card. Next, I cut a scallop (N) from white and layered over it two snowflake die cuts (SX) in blue and purple. I added a small fiber snowflake and attached them all together using a gold brad. I pierced each scallop and embellished the whole thing with my Stardust gel pen!!
I tied some white pearly fiber to the left hand side of my card and added my snowflake element using 3D foam tape. Thought it needed a bit of something so added a colour printed "Let it snow" greeting which I punched out using my Window Punch (SU) and mounted with 3D foam tape!!

I am happier with this one! It nicely highlights this wonderful snowflake paper!!!
I love reusing items in my creative projects!! It is even better when the item has been given with love and care!! Consider giving new life to some beautiful paper, a wonderful commercial card, some awesome ribbon, a great gift bag or envelope by reusing them in your creations!!

My stash is coming along!!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments