Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cardmaking - September - butterflies!!

I love the little butterfly borders on these cards!! A friend of mine has the punch (MS) and she punched a whole bunch of long borders for me!!
I embossed the background using my newest embossing folder Musical Flourish from Cuttlebug!! When gluing the border to the layer I chose to just lightly tap my glue stick to the back side of it then lightly pressed it to the embossed surface. Swiping the glue stick just adds glue to the holes yielding a messy card front. Added a short piece of ribbon, a colour coordinated stamped and punched butterfly (SU) with a mini black brad and glued the entire layer to my colour coordinated card front. Added a little greeting to one using some 3D foam tape.
Love the contrast between the black and the other colours! Worked well with both the bright or softer pastel colours!!

Have a few swaps to work on so watch for more in the next few days!!

Therese

1 comment:

Please leave your comments