Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cardmaking - September - leaves

Fall is coming!! We get back to our regular schedules - for me that is my regular cardmaking classes!! Great to see familiar faces, some new ones and get back to cardmaking!!
We started the evening with this card. It features an embossed background which I distressed around the edges with my distress tool and also aged with watercolour. I used my Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die to cut the leaves - two of them from my own handmade paper and one from fabric paper which I created earlier this week. I embellished the handmade ones with watercolour to give them a bit more dimension. Layered them onto my embossed layer, added a double knotted raffia accent and glued it to my card front. Would make a great card for a fall birthday or for Thanksgiving!!
The fabric paper was able to withstand a lot of folding and bending as I did my best to not waste any of it when I was die cutting my leaves!! If you are needing sturdy paper for anything, fabric paper is a great option. I have included more information on the fabric paper posting so check it out by clicking the link above!

Therese

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!! This worked so well Therese!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments