Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cardmaking - September - chalkboard

What a cute little chalkboard card!! It is a real chalkboard!! I created it using some chalkboard sticky backed poster paper I purchased at Michaels. So fun!!
I die cut the frame using the large frame (SX) die though I did fold the cardstock in half before cutting to ensure that the frame would fit the width of the card. The original size is about a quarter inch short. I embossed the die cut frame using the distressed lines embossing folder (CB) which gives it the wood texture I was looking for then rounded the corners. I mounted the chalkboard piece to the back of the frame, removed the backing and adhered the entire element to the front of a white card. I printed the apple and leaf (digital stamp from ABCteach) and cut them out. Created a stem using a scrap of brown cardstock and mounted them all to the card front using 3D foam tape. Added the greeting using chalk!! The cool thing is that it can be erased and a new one written in!! I included a little post it note in the card kit to be included in the card informing the recipient that they can use the card front as a little chalkboard!! Would be cool in a locker or on the fridge for leaving little notes!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments