Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cardmaking - February - Wax crayon & wall paper

I just love the vibrant colours of wax crayon backgrounds!!  Here I used wax crayons over textured wallpaper!!  Check out this post for more information!!  It was a total blast to create these backgrounds and still more fun to choose images that would work well with them.  The sailing ship is a digital image from CLKER and the cupcake is from Beccy`s Place.  I wanted to keep the design simple to let the background shine so I simply added a length of rick rack and the coloured image.  You can see the versatility of this medium - the top one makes a great masculine card and the bottom one with its circle greeting makes the cutest kids card.
I found this greeting in my greetings stash - applesauce containers that stack and store extra greetings by subject - birthday, thanks, etc.   I bring them to class so participants can customize their cards.
I hope you will be inspired to create some backgrounds!! Make a few extra while you are at it and you will have what you need when you need a card in a hurry!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments