Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cardmaking - March - embedded shapes

This card uses the lattice embossing folder (SU) to embed shapes into a piece of cardstock!!  What a great technique!!  The embossed cardstock has a quilted look and the punchies look like they are part of the paper!!  You could probably use any of the other very textured embossing folders to created this same look.
I first used a border punch on the bottom of my layer and then simply glued my punched shapes to the cardstock layer and ran it through my Big Kick using the embossing folder!  Voila!!  We added a piece of ribbon with a short piece tied to it, to this layer, glued that to our coordinating card front and then added our round embellishment/greeting using 3D foam tape!!
This is another really fun technique!!  Save your extra punchies in one place and pretty soon you will have enough to do this technique!!  Or punch out several shapes from your scraps of coloured cardstock before filing it in the "round file" or in my case into my bucket for papermaking!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments