Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cardmaking - March - Ewe cards

This is the first card we made at cardmaking last night.  We had two young cardmakers join us so it was fun to start with a cute one!!
The Ewe was created using a scallop circle punchie (SU) which I embossed with a swirly embossing folder.  You trim a five petal punchie  (SU) leaving three petals together to create the head and ears and the two others are used for the legs!  Pretty cool!!  I searched the internet for ewe punchie tutorials and found quite a few different ways of making them using different punches. Here is a tutorial for this one This ewe is created by adding eyes to the middle section - head - using white gel pens.  Glued this piece to the front of the scallop and the legs to the back.  The background is created using three different embossed layers - blue for the sky, one green for the tree line and another for the grass.  One of the girls at class used the thin darker strip below the sky and it creates the look of a meadow with a distant tree line instead.  I love teaching because of what I learn from my students!!
The greeting is laser printed, trimmed with decorative scissors before being layered onto black and adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.  I also used 3D foam tape to adhere the ewe!!  You can see on one of them I added three diamonds which just gives the card a bit more punch.  I think I will add them to the other one!!  I found several "ewe" sayings online and you can obviously substitute "ewe" for "you" in all the regular greetings!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments