Sunday, August 25, 2013

Christmas cards - Stockings

My first Christmas cards in quite a while!!  I do need to get started so I will have what I need come the beginning of December!!  I used three little stockings on these cards which I hand cut from a gift bag I received a while back.  They look enough like 3D stickers that I am submitting them for my sister's August Christmas card challenge!  It is a great time to get started on your Christmas cards and you can check out her monthly challenges here if you need some inspiration to get started.
I stared with a white card, layered on a red embossed layer (SU - Northern Flurries) on the bottom edge and a plain red strip at the top, added a scalloped green layer (SU - Scalloped border punch).  I tied white fiber to a purple rectangle which was distressed on the top and bottom edges to which I glued the three little stockings using 3D foam tape.  Found these round punched greetings (SU) in my scrap bucket and layered them over green and attached them to the front of my card with 3D foam tape.  I have about 4 of them complete and 5-6 with all the pieces cut that just need to be assembled.
It was fun to have my sister over for the long weekend and I did get a few cards made to add to my Christmas card stash.  Making a date to craft with friends is a great way to make the time to get some of your projects started and/or finished!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments