Sunday, August 25, 2013

Poppy card for a swap

On AFTCM, I joined a card swap with the theme of cascading dimensional blossoms in red and yellow.  I first decided to create the paper for the flowers using coffee filters and fluid acrylic ink. Love the vibrant colours I achieved!!  I cut half circles from the filters, added glue to the straight edges and gathered them to create my flowers.  I used a black marker to add black centers and then thought it would be cool to add black seed beads as well so I just added some clear glue, sprinkled on the seed beads and left it to dry.  I created the background using a variety of blue paints on white cardstock and then stamped on a script (SU) background in a very similar colour to add subtle texture.  I glued down my flowers, drew on stems with a black sharpie, added a double tied piece of white seam binding and attached the whole accented layer to a black card front.
This is a large card and I love how vibrant the colours are!! It has been mailed off to my swap partner!!

Therese

2 comments:

  1. Therese,
    This is a great looking card! I love the bright bold flowers.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments