Thursday, May 08, 2014

Serendipity & printed backgrounds

Was needing a few birthday cards for my stash so I decided to check my "to be used" bucket to see what I could use as a springboard.  There is always so much there that can be used!!
I started with the die cut I created when I made this card.  I started with a blue card front, layered on a white embossed layer, added the serendipity die cut and tied on a coordinating blue ribbon tucking the ends under the white layer.   I cut a laser printed greeting using the same Deco Label Framelits (SU) set I had used for the serendipity layer in the smaller size, embellished it with a bit of watercolour and added to my card using 3D foam tape.  I love that serendipity technique!  Here is a Pinterest posting with LOTS of links!!
For my other card I used a piece of colour printed background paper in white and blue. The Damask background image is from CLKER.  I cut it up into strips and glued it to the front of a blue card.  I found a strip of blue cardstock that matched in my scraps, embossed it, flagged the end and added it to my card.  I embellished the die cut greeting with watercolour and added it over the strip using 3D foam tape.
Two fairly quick cards using what I had in my stash!!
It is always a good idea to challenge yourself to create cards using your stash of bits and pieces!!  They are usually unique and fairly quick because some of the work is already done!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments