Wednesday, May 07, 2014
Tulip exchange cards
I downloaded the tulip image from CLKER, laser printed them onto white cardstock and gave them a pale blue colour washed background. Once that was dry, I watercoloured the flowers themselves. They seemed to need a "bit of something" so I added a script background in a soft green colour. Just what they needed!! I stitched them to embossed backgrounds and glued them to white card fronts. Added colour printed greetings that were punched out using the Modern Label punch (SU) and attached them to the card fronts using 3D foam tape. I did add a bit of sponging to the embossing on the yellow card and some stippling to the edges of the white card fronts.
Have really been enjoying this card exchange. I send two cards a month and it is fun to try something new regularly!!