Monday, November 17, 2014

Purple and snowflakes!

It is sometimes a blessing to not finish a project all in one day.  I am sure I would have made all of these cards in blue had I made them all in the same day.  It was just the vision I had for them when I started.
Today, when I went to finish them I made three of them blue because those supplies were already cut and waiting for me on my desk.
I was open to be inspired today so started digging in my stash of papers for background paper for the last three.  I found this thin tissue like paper which I thought nicely highlighted the glitter in the snowflakes. I trimmed three pieces to the right size, stamped them with the same flourish stamp (IO) I had used for the last ones in purple.  The stamping did not show up at all - the colour of the ink was tool close to the colour of the paper.  So I decided to use blue instead and that worked much better.  I glued this decorative paper to by dark blue card fronts.  I added silver dots with a gel pen, adhered the snow flake with a brad, added a silver ribbon and mounted my layered greeting over that using double sided tape.  I am really liking how the silver and purple work together.  Gives this set of three quite a different look!!  With these three I am up to 89 Christmas cards for this year.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments