Monday, November 17, 2014

Snowflake Christmas cards

I started these cards last week and finished them off today. They are the last few I need to have all of my cards finished for the beginning of December.
The snowflakes were ornaments I bought at a dollar store about a month ago.  They have a thin white plastic armature with glittery fiber wound around the arms of the snowflake - nice and slim.  I went digging into my stash of decorative paper and found this glittery acrylic paint paper I made years ago.  The scrap was less than 4" wide so I had to layer it to get the element wide enough to properly show off the snowflake.  I stamped some flourishes on it in dark blue (IO).  I added a layer of blue cardstock on the back which I punched on the bottom with the snowflake/daisy punch (MS). After mounting the decorative paper I added a length of white gros grain ribbon which I tied with silver cording and glued the ends to the back of the layer.  I adhered the snowflake using a silver brad and then mounted the whole element to the front of a white card.  Lastly, I added a "let is snow" laser printed punchie (SU) greeting which I adhered with 3D foam tape. Really liking these cards!!  I made three of these which brings my current Christmas card count to 86!!
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments