Monday, November 17, 2014

Shabby chic card

I made this card for one of my friends down east!  I was putting away some of the paper crafting supplies I have won as prizes on one of my groups and lo and behold I found this element and this paper that coordinated!!  I trimmed the Victorian floral element from the sheet it was printed on and trimmed the decorative paper to fit on my blue card front with a small border all the way around.  I added the lace to the decorative paper and then sewed it to my card front with my sewing machine. I love the look!!  I added a couple of ribbon flags to my floral element and glued it over the lace on the front of my card using 3D foam tape.  Dug through my greetings stash and found - happiness - and thought it was most appropriate.  I sponged it very lightly with some distress ink to tone down the white and added it to the front of my card with 3D foam tape.
I love it when things fall into place!!  I managed to finish off the blue cards, create the purple cards, make this card and a sympathy card for my sister today!!  I also did laundry, washed up bathrooms, made muffins and walked to the post office!!  Good enough for today!  I am off to read my book for a bit before heading for bed!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments