I signed up for this swap because it sounded interesting and was a project I had never tried before!
A link was provided for us to preview the technique - Stackable Bangles by Mark Montano. After watching the video and perusing the supplies I went looking for zip ties, beads, ribbon and wire!!
I had to modify my zip ties because they were not long enough for the bangles I needed to make for my partner. We all provided our measurements so our partners could create a bracelet which would fit. I created my armature by wrapping to each other a zip tie and a hair elastic with heavy weight thread and tied off the ends. Next, I wrapped the armature with a length of shimmery blue/pink organza ribbon. Bead were next!! I found some pink, blue, clear and pearl beads which all looked good together and worked with the ribbon.
I cut a length of blue 28 gauge wire, created a loop around the armature and secured the wire by twisting the end around body of the wire. I started wrapping the wire around the armature adding one bead at a time leaving the bead on the outside edge of the bracelet.
After a bit of reflection I decided to create my armature differently for my next bangle and go with a version much closer to what was suggested in the video. I found that the elastic on the outside of the zip tie made it difficult to position the beads evenly. The way of creative discovery is trial and error!!