Thursday, January 26, 2017

January Cardmaking - Hearts for Valentine's

I wanted to incorporate some Valentine's cards in this session for those who wanted special cards for their special someones!!
For this card, I created a chipboard frame to use for embossing only the edge of my card!!  I glued two pieces of chipboard (4.25" x 5.5") to each other and then cut a label out of the middle of it.  Now I can use the frame OR the label to selectively emboss the areas of my card I want.  I used the frame to emboss the edge of my pink card.  I cut my decorative paper to 4" x 5.25" and then cut it diagonally leaving 3/4" from the two opposite corners.  That leaves me with two identical but opposed pieces.  For this paper where the paper pattern has direction it will be best to glue the other piece to the bottom portion of the card front and arrange the other elements accordingly. For any paper that is uniform or random it will not matter how the paper is glued on.  Fun!!  This decorative paper is some I printed from images from The Morgue File.  I love the pink and gold!!  After gluing my decorative paper to my card I added a strip of my handmade faux washi tape.  I glued my two hearts to each other  - one is an embossed scalloped heart die cut (SU), the other is a heart punchie with a coordinating stamped image inside (SU).  I glued this element to my card front over the washi tape using 3D foam tape.  I trimmed my colour printed greeting, gave it a colour wash of pink and glued it to my card front just below my heart!!  I did pretty much the same thing with my second card except it has the paper on the lower portion of the card.  The paper on this card is from Digital Graphics Cafe.  I have a few card kits left over so I will try making a few portrait cards to see how well that works.  They will show when I have them made up.
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments