I am making a few more thank you cards with the musical gift wrap I received at Christmas. I ripped my piece of music paper in several strips because it was not long enough to cover the whole card. I glued the pieces to my dark brown card front to find that I had glued the pieces down upside down!! What to do!! I decided to use it landscape to help diffuse my mistake. I found this short piece of wavy ribbon in my stash and thought it would add some fun texture to the card so I glued the ends to the inside of the card and then stitched it in place with my sewing machine and ivory thread. I went looking for a focal element and found this thermally embossed image in my stash. It would do nicely!! I bleached it out a bit to highlight the image, added a gold layer of gift wrap before adhering it to the front of my card over the ribbon using 3D foam tape. I layered a scalloped oval (SU) laser printed thanks greeting (Melonheadz) over a larger oval punchie (SU) in dark brown and adhered it to the front of my card using 3D foam tape. Not sure that the mistake in music paper orientation has been mitigated but I am accepting that it is done and finished. While I was at it I decided to make another one considering I had the supplies sitting on my desk! Changed the orientation, cut the music paper instead of ripping it and added fiber instead of ribbon. I punched out a notch on the spine with my slot punch (SU) and added one to the outside edge as well using a circle punch so I could tie a double knot in my fiber.
Pretty happy with the way they turned out!!