Thursday, January 26, 2017

January Cardmaking - a plethora of hearts!

I found a beautiful card on Splitcoast Stamper that is almost exactly this sketch!!  By the way, this site is one of the best for inspiration!!!!  Always lots of card and projects to check out!!
It had the quote "you warm my heart" which I just loved so I incorporated it into this set of cards.  I printed two greetings for each one in case not everyone is as enamored with the greeting as I was!!  I used the alternate greeting on this card.
I started with a red card front and added a white embossed layer.  I punched (SU) lots of hearts from a wide variety of decorative paper!!!  I chose a variety of silver and black & white ones for this card.  I glued them in a random fashion ( I see I was not as random as I had expected to be) onto my embossed layer.  I trimmed my coordinating laser printed greeting and adhered it over my heart punchies using a piece of 3D foam tape in the middle and double sided on each side which gives it just a bit of dimension.  I adhered the little coloured heart die cut using 3D foam tape as well.
It was a fun afternoon punching hearts from colour coordinated scraps and making up these card kits!!!
I made my second card at class and I really like this colour combination.  I decided to try a landscape format and that worked just as well.  One of the ladies had the b&w with silver combination of my first card and she chalked the edges of several of her hearts in red to help them stand out and that worked out really well.
A versatile card kit!  I have a few leftover so they will likely show up here in the next little while

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments