Sunday, April 02, 2017

Easter and birthday card created by reusing a beautiful rose card


These two cards were created using the most beautiful card full of shimmery gold and roses!!  I trimmed off the front and turn it over onto the back inside which had the stripes and that worked well for a background.  For the first card, I created a focal element using a floral background from Artsy bee on Pixabay combining it with a vintage rose image from Clipartfox and a font greeting which I then printed it onto ivory cardstock.  After trimming I layered it onto green.  I glued the two layers of my background together, added a pink organza ribbon across the width and layered on my focal element with 3D foam tape.  I tied on a short length of ribbon to the one on the card using a single knot to simulate a bow.  I layered this large element to a pink card.  
For my second card, I created the background with the ribbon in the same manner and glued it to a light pink card.  The rose focal element I fussy cut from the front flap of the original card and glued it over the ribbon using 3D foam tape.  I sponged the edges of a punchie greeting with green and pink and adhered it just below the focal element over the ribbon with 3D foam tape.  Beautiful!!
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments